Yoga is a form of exercise that can help you to keep your heart healthy. Yoga reduces stress and tension, increases circulation and flexibility in the body, burn calories, and improves your overall health. People often tend to overlook the benefits of yoga, but the truth is that yoga is one of the easiest ways to get your body to be healthy. It revitalizes your health, boosts your stamina, eliminates stress, adds strength to the muscles, and enhances your flexibility. What yoga does is train your body to be healthy not just on the outside but from the inside too.
Yoga has been proven to help you stay in shape. The constant practice of yoga stretches and tones the entire body, improves circulation and keeps your heart healthy. Plus, it’s fun! Yoga practice includes indulging in proper breathing exercises while keeping your body locked in a particular posture. Do you want to know what yoga exercise will do wonders for you? Well, keep reading to find out more.
Yoga Exercises That Will Keep Your Heart Like a Baby
Here is a list of some yoga exercises that will keep your heart in proper order at all times. You can do them at home or you can do them under the supervision of a professional trainer. Most of the poses are very easy to perform and with a little practice, you can perfect them.
1) Cobra Pose
If you are looking for a yoga asana to combat fatigue and stress then this is the right one for you. You have to lie on the tummy with your hands placed close to the chest, and start to move your body in an upward direction. Work on your breathing techniques and you will feel a stretch in the abdomen region.
- This yoga helps you improve your breathing
- Do this atleast 5 times a day and it will strengthen your heart
- This also reduces blood pressure
2) Mountain Pose
This posture is quite simple and it requires deep breathing. This yoga exercise is quite helpful in getting rid of stress. You need to stand with the feet shoulder with apart and also keep your back straight. Bring the palms together and keep them interlocked. You need to inhale and stretch the arms in an upward direction, look upwards and then bring your head down on the shoulders. You need to hold this posture for 10 seconds, repeat this at least 2 times.
- Do this exercise 8-10 times a day
- This pose strength to your heart
- This asana enhances the flexibility of your body
For this, you will have to sit and stretch out your legs in front of you and keep them joined. After this, you have to bend forward and touch the feet without bending the knees. You can also try to touch your head on the knees.
- If you are looking to increase flexibility then this is the right exercise.
- This yoga helps to keep your body calm
- Boosts the immunity of your body
This is very easy to perform and it is a great exercise for keeping the heart healthy. You start this exercise by moving into a position like you are about to sit on a chair. Raise your hands in an upward direction and touch your ears and keep your shoulders relaxed. Try to stretch a bit upwards a bit more and then return to the starting position.
- This posture is known to add strength to our muscles
- Eliminatesstiffness from the body
- Recommended to do this exercise for 7-10 times a day
5) Vrikshasana or Tree Pose
This is an easy pose and can be done by beginners too. Start the yoga by placing the arms next to your body and standing straight. Bend the right knee and lift it, place your right foot on the inside of your left thigh. Slowly raise the arms over the head and form a Namaste, keep the back straight while you do this, and stay in this position for a few seconds. Slowly exhale and return to the starting position and repeat it with the other leg.
- This pose is known to improve your posture
- Strengthens the shoulders
- This pose helps to reduce the Blood Pressure.
For this, you have to lie on your spine and close your eyes. You have to keep your arms gently by your side with the palms facing up. Start by breathing in very gently and then exhale, this will get your body to reach a spiritual plane and help you stay calm. Do this for five minutes.
- This exercise helps to get rid of fatigue
- Keeps the body cal from the inside
- Removes anxiety
7) Triangular Pose
For this, you have to place your legs wide apart and place your right foot in an outward stance. Start stretching your arms in an outward direction. Start by pushing the right side of the waist over the right leg and go down slowly. Try to face in a downward direction by keeping the back flat. Place the right palm on the floor. Repeat this with the other hand too.
- This asana gives your body a dood cardiovascular exercise
- This asana is designed to give you a good cardiovascular workout and helps the chest expand.
8) Bridge Pose
For this exercise, you will have to lie with your face towards the ceiling, keep your hands to the side and start to raise the body using your pelvis. Use your hands as support to stay in this position.
- This helps to strengthen the stomach, thighs, and hips.
- This posture helps to facilitate better breathing and boosts overall health.
- Lowers blood pressure and boosts the functioning of the heart
9) Warrior Pose
This exercise is very similar to the lunges performed in the gym or at home, but the only difference is that you have to keep your hands stretched above the head.
- This exercise helps you strengthen your posture.
- With regular practice, this exercise will help you build good stamina.
10) Anjali Mudra
For this, you have to sit in a cross-legged posture on the floor and put both palms together with your fingers stretching towards the middle of your chest. This exercise stands for harmony. Take in deep breaths and then exhale, do this for a couple of minutes.
- This asana reduces anxiety, and stress keeps the brain, and keeps the heart healthy.
- This is a very easy asana to perform and can be done 5 times a day.
This is yet another easy asana to perform. You need to stand straight while placing your hands on the hips and take a deep breath. Start exhaling and bend in a forward direction and grab the toes. Pull your stomach in and make sure that the neck and head are relaxed. You are allowed to bend the knees if the hamstring muscles are a little stiff. Hold this for a couple of seconds and then release.
- This asana is great for getting rid of anxiety, and stress, and lowering blood pressure.
- This also helps to keep the heart in good shape
So, these were the 10 best yoga exercises that keep your heart in prefect working condition. Yoga takes time to perfect so do not rush the process, practicing yoga regularly not only looks after the heart, but also your overall health. You can also perform these with a trained professional. The health of the heart is dependent on proper circulation of blood within the body and yoga helps your body achieve this. All the best with your health.